Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mama's Frappy Recipe

I've been getting a little tired of my cookies and cream protein/soy milk cocktail. It's pretty tasty but like all things that you consume every day for a month...it gets old. Plus I figured I might be consuming too many milk calories per day and needed to limit that a bit more.

So I came up with a really good concoction. I think anyone looking to get an extra shot of protein could do this. Almost like being at Starbucks...almost.

Mama's Protein Frappy
-- 6-8 oz of cold decaf coffee
-- 6-8 oz of vanilla soymilk (or any milk would do but the vanilla adds some flavor)
-- a hefty splash of sugar free caramel coffee syrup
-- one packet of Splenda
-- 2 scoops of unflavored Isopure protein (=50 grams of protein)
Shake vigorously to smooth out the protein globs. Enjoy with ice! I tried blending it up too and that works but the protein powder sometimes has a foamy weirdness with it's blended. I preferred it neat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment