Search This Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

2 Week Check-Up

Today I saw my surgeon for the first time since the day of surgery. While I was there I also saw the dietician. I guess that's the flow of the appointments from now on. Check in with the nurse to get weighed and measured, wait 40 minutes to see the surgeon, then do a dietary run down q&a with the dietician. Pretty straight forward!

 So here's the highlight reel... 

-My last weigh in at the center was three weeks ago and I am down 18.5lb from then. My scale say more like 20, so I'm sticking with that. 

-I am cleared to submerge in a bathtub and start ramping up to normal exercise. I also started driving yesterday. 

-I turned in my sharps box, no more injections! 

-When I asked the doctor about the expected rate of weight loss he basically told me not to worry about it and not to weigh myself....just follow the diet and let it happen. Hmmm. Hard advice to the person who's been weighing themselves multiple times a day. But I get what he's saying. I will lose weight so I should stick to the plan and not fret. 

-I was called out for chewing gum. I honestly didn't know that I couldn't chew gum. Apparently if I accidentally swallow it I might die or something. Good point. 

-I was cleared by the dietician to move into 'stage 3' of the semi-liquid diet. Now I can puree almost any thing and start to have seasonings and condiments! I can also move from 2oz to 3oz. But still no chewable food. I think it's kind of funny, by the way, that the bariatric bible they gave me reminds me not to puree things like cheeseburgers and fried chicken because it's still high fat. Ew, right?

So for dinner I whipped this bad boy out.
Canned crab meat plus a tablespoon of low fat mayo and a few dashes of Old Bay pureed up in the blender....like eating crab dip with a spoon! If that sounds gross to you it's because you haven't been eating baby food for two weeks. It's freaking delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Anything involving Old Bay is delicious. Congrats on the progress!

    ReplyDelete