Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Work Up

Yesterday I got a full work-up day at the hospital, in preparation for next week's surgery. I gave 9 vials of blood and then got a chest x-ray, gall bladder and liver ultrasound, EKG and upper GI. While I was at the hospital I went ahead and got my weekly allergy shots too, just for extra fun.

Later I signed all of my legal consent forms and pre-registered at the hospital. So that it's. Now all I have to do is show up.

It's a big relief to have so many medical appointments behind me. Appointments with the surgeon, pre-op support groups, 6 months of dietician care, a pysch evaluation and 4 weeks of emotional counseling, 2 sleep studies and follow up appointment with both the sleep doc and the respiratory therapist, pre-op nutrition class and that one unpleasant lab appointment back in the fall when they had to take blood from between my fingers. All of that has happened since August.

I could complain about what a pain all of that was. Sometimes it was, especially when I had to worry with childcare and the addition other appointments like chiropractic, kid's checkups, dentist or my weekly allergy shots. Sometimes I felt like I lived at St. Francis. Sometimes I practically did!

But I won't complain though, because it's all be good and important and educational. And thankfully, all covered by our insurance. I'm grateful to the St. Francis staff. I've really had a good experience with all of the docs and nurses, especially at the Bariatric Center.

But I'm not going to lie, when the nurse told me yesterday that they would only see me at 2 wks, 6wks and then every two months I was thought....that's it?!

It seems some of the hard medical work is behind me, with a different kind of hard work ahead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment