Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

Semi-Liquid Diet, Making it Work

I'm 9 days post-op and am rocking the 'modified liquid diet' for another full week. I guess I was hoping that this wouldn't be hard because I wouldn't have an appetite. Wrong. My tummy wants food...even if it's just a tiny amount.

So I'm trying to figure out how to eat and snack in a way to feel satisfied and it's not exactly easy. Especially so because I'm not allowed to drink 30 min before or 30 min after eating. And of course there are vitamins supplements that need to be eaten at different times from each other.

So my day is kind of like...eat and take vitamins, wait 30 min, drink, drink protein, wait 30 min, eat and take vitamins, wait 30 min, drink, drink protein. You get the idea.

A lot of work for someone who's only consuming like 500 calories.

I've found some things like applesauce are not very satisfying at all, but instant mashed potatoes and refried beans are much more so. I'm glad that a couple of those thicker things are allowed on the menu right now. I'm depending on them!

Instant mashed potatoes mixed with a little bit of strained cream of mushroom soup? Hello lovah.

This is a nice concoction. Chipped ice blended up with lemonade, squirted with a little Mio water flavoring for an snow-cone affect.


These are my meals, 2 oz each. These little condiment cups are a very handy buy. The container you might use for your ketchup, I use for my whole meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment