Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ways Pre-Surgery is Like Pregnancy

Waiting for  my surgery really does feel like the last few days waiting for my kids to be born. Here's a few examples:

--I've  known about it for 7+ months, but there was a long time where no one knew. Now everyone seems to know (because I've chosen to go about it that way), and it's a hot topic of conversation.

--For a long time I didn't have a date, just a range. Now I have a 'due date'.

--My parents are coming to help out with babysitting while I'm in the hospital.

--I've been 'nesting' by cleaning my house and hoarding food for the family. Today I got frozen pizzas, peanut butter, snacks and lots of milk. We are stocked.

--I've made a few loose plans for the time after surgery to keep the kids entertained if I'm not feeling good. Easter eggs and playing outside!

--I've been to something like 6,000 medical appointments. 

--I need to go shop in the baby section of the store. Stage 1 baby food, yum.

--I will leave the hospital with something missing from inside of me.

--Everyone knows someone who has done this and wants to tell me a story about it. 

--I have no way to prepare myself for what it will be like afterward, just that life is about to change forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment