Search This Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Right Now, I Just Have a Headache

The time has come for me to be open about what's going on. Keeping my secret and keeping track of who knows and who doesn't know has just become too hard to handle. I've always been a very open book about my life, and so I guess now is the time to stay that way.

For a long time I wasn't sure I wanted anyone to know about our decision. For months and months I didn't even tell my family when I was undergoing all the prerequisites for bariatric surgery, including counseling, sleep studies and many many medical appointments.

But I feel right now like my head and heart are clear with our decision. I will be having a Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy on 3/20, only 11 days from now.

At the moment though, my head just hurts. I'm on day four of the pre-op fasting diet and every day has been really hard. I'm allowed to eat one-low carb meal per day along with protein drinks. No caffiene, no alchohol, no carbonation, no carbs, no sugar.

I KNOW this is the hardest part because my body is in full on detox. I also know that after surgery I won't feel this nagging hunger day and night. So I wait, and hydrate and nap and wait.

And at some point in my foggy headache state, I've decided it's time to blog. I've always blogged. I've been a blogger since blogging began. And so this makes me feel liberated and strong.

Now you know. Won't you join me on my journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment