Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2013

Uncharted Territory

I am currently down about 46 pounds and am venturing into uncharted waters weight wise. What I mean by that is that I have weighed a lot LESS than this and clearly a lot MORE than this but I've never weighed my current weight unless I was pregnant.

I've never been in this size or at this weight as a non-pregnant person.

See? Skinnier than now and a little pregnant....

And a little heftier after that baby was born....
 
And well, it just kind of stayed there for a long time. That baby is now four years old and I've still got the 'baby weight' hanging around.

Last time I weighed what I do RIGHT NOW, I was carrying extra cargo....
I cannot get this pic to rotate to save my life, sorry!

Sad but true that this is the way it's gone for me. I think it's unfair to totally blame my weight gain on pregnancies, but they certainly didn't help. I guess it's fair to say that they helped me gain weight a lot more easily and quickly than I otherwise would have. 

After Tessa's birth, I was able to easily lose everything that I had gained, especially while nursing. With Charley though, something weird happened with my body. Maybe the hormones of having and nursing two babies in 2 years? But I had a LOT more trouble afterward not only with losing weight but with control of blood sugar, sleep apnea and fatigue and even menstrual cycles. 

My body just kinda freaked out. 

And about the time I was back on track, I shattered my foot and have to have surgery which lead to about a year of recovery before I was back to full usage and excercise. 

Excuse after excuse? Maybe. But I was definitely stuck, there's no denying that. 

And when you're stuck, I guess the best thing to do is to look at the most logical ways to get yourself unstuck. And that's why I decided on surgery. Because I know my body SO well and I knew what I was capable and not capable of doing. And so far I'm nothing but happy with my decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment