Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Regiment

In the time since surgery, I've been going through phases with my vitamins. For a while I was very regimented and after some time had past I became less so.

Since I am getting very little nutrition from food, my dietician at the bariatric center really enforces vitamins vitamins vitamins. Oh and protein. Protein is your friend.

So it's not good for me to slip.

It's a poor excuse but I think part of it was having so many bottles to deal with and many of them cannot be taken together so I have to remember when is okay. I wrote on the top of the bottles which helps some, but I also invested in one of these bad boys...
What you see here is my daily regiment:
breakfast- a multi vitamin, vitamin D, and a sublingual (aka under the tongue) B12
mid-day- 6 caramel chews of Calcium Citrate. I slipped one in their just to remind me. Even though they are super delicious, this has been the hardest one to remember.
dinner- another multi and a fish oil pill
bed- another vitamin D and iron

Now, the multi and calcium cannot be taken at the same time. And the iron and multi cannot be taken at the same time. The fish oil and D can be taken whenever. And I can't lie, I was accidently chewing up the sublingual B12 for over a month. Sublingual....what do I speak Greek?

The way I keep it all straight is simple...the Bariatric Center gave me a huge binder of info in which it is all very CLEARLY mapped out for me. If in doubt, check the binder. The binder is your friend too.

So far my new pill popping container has been helpful. I think it was money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment