Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2013

8 Week Progress Pics


On the left is my pre-surgery pic. The right is 8 weeks post op, minus 38 lbs and one full pants size.

I've been feeling pretty darn good lately. I guess I haven't blogged much because there isn't much to report. I've gotten used to my new stomach size and can eat almost all regular food now. The trick of course is still not eating tons of junk because even in small amounts...calories are calories.

My only other hardship at the moment is when our days get really busy and I forget to drink adequate protein. I'd say I hit it about 5 out of 7 days. Not bad odds, but still I'm not a fan of the idea of my hair falling out so I could probably do better.

I was reallly realllllly hoping to hit 40 lbs in 8 weeks but my dang menstrual cycle seems to have kept me on hold the past week. It would seem that even surgery can't change some biological truths, like menstrual bloat. 

Overall I'm feeling happy with the decision and progress. I'm starting to forget what life was like before my new stomach, and now it's just part of  my every day life. We've been making some new recipes and such which I promise to post more of.

In the meantime, I'll direct you to my favorite bariatric foodie blog. I love her 'bite' recipes: www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment