Search This Blog

Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Illusive 100lb Disney Picture

Right before my family left our first ever trip to Disney World, I hit 99lb loss on the scales. So it was my goal to snap that awesome 100lb pic while we were on our trip...standing in front of Cinderella's castle or with Mickey some other awesome location.

The thing about a trip to Disney with kids though, of course, is that it's busy and hot and there are a million things happening all at once. So I forgot all about that 100lb picture.

But when filing through the thousands of pics on my phone and camera, I found one that I think will work.  Still not a skinny lady to be seen in this pic, and definitely one with some flappy arm skin issues...but there it is. 100lbs gone.



The best photo comparison I could find was from summer vacation 3 years ago at the Outer Banks.



The difference in these two vacations aside from the obvious difference in size, was stamina and energy. We planned our Disney days to be jam packed full so we could get the most seen and done and then take rest days off in between.  So it was go go go from ride to show to attraction to ride. We hardly ever stopped.

And I do believe that it was my husband and kids trying desperately to keep up with ME, not the other way around. I could not have accomplished that a few years ago. As much as I wanted to, no way.

Truth be told, I am no longer at 100 lbs because I gained about 4lbs on vacation...from eating mickey ice cream, chips in the car and having a glass of wine every single night. But I'm not sweating it. I'll get back there very soon.

The point it that I hit 100lbs, had an amazing trip and it indeed felt magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment