Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2014

9 Months- 80lbs and Holding

I realize that I have been a bad blogger both here and on my Mommy blog...I haven't written anything since Thanksgiving! I could have written about surviving Christmas, my first ever episode of dumping syndrome (it was cheese fries in case you're wondering), or how I handled the meat extravaganza that was Fogo de Chao...but I didn't. I've been busy having an awesome holiday with my family, and for that I can't apologize.

Much like my post about Thanksgiving, part of the reason this holiday was so great was because I feel like I had so much more energy and endurance for handling all of the activities and preparations. I also suffered from far far less blood sugar sluggishness brought on by holiday junk food and alcohol, even though I enjoyed my fair share.

I hit 80lbs right before Christmas and have stayed there. Partially because of all the nacho cheese and wine, and partially because I think my weight loss is starting to slow down, at least according to my surgeon. I feel like I have much more to lose but even so I have to be pretty happy with these results so far.
Early January, 2014


My 30th birthday, 2010. 
I thought you guys might be starting to get tired of my same boring 'before' picture, so I'm digging for the worst pictures I can find of myself. Truly awful. You're welcome.


Part of the reason I *think* the scale is slowing is because I *think* I might be gaining muscle mass from doing private pilates training twice a week. I don't know much about exercise but it certainly feels that way. Things are tightening and shrinking but the scale stays the same. My friends and doctor tell me that this is a good thing!

It's pretty dang expensive to go to the pilates studio but so far it seems totally worth every penny. The place I go has the scary looking tables with straps and springs and it is HARD.

This is picture of me yesterday during my workout. Okay not really....add about 75 lbs, dark hair and LOTS more sweat and grunting. Plus I'm not cool enough to levitate like this. But even though it's HARD (I can't not capitalize that), it's enjoyable too and I really like my trainer. And I have sore muscles in places that I didn't know I had muscles.

I'm improving little by little and the trainer always cheers on with something like 'you would not have been able to do that a month ago!' and I have to laugh a little because I know I would not have been able to to ANY OF IT two years ago. I wouldn't have lasted five minutes in that place.

And for that I'm pretty grateful. A new year with a new body and new possibilities. It feels good.

1 comment:

  1. I just can't tell you how impressed I am, and how happy I am for you! You look so great but more importantly you feel better. And that pilates thing is scarily impressive. lol

    ReplyDelete