Search This Blog

Friday, October 4, 2013

Aside From Weight- Some Other Changes

I realize that I haven't kept up with this blog they way that I had originally intended to, but I figure that's okay. The fact that I'm spending less time sitting at my computer is a good thing right?

I am currently at 6.5 months post-surgery and teetering right on 70lbs lost. Aside from looking better, I'm feeling more different all the time. I still attribute a large portion of my extra energy to my C-pap machine, which I promise to write about soon.

But aside from a smaller waist band, other things have happened to my body, like...

-- Breakouts on my skin have improved.

--I get tired much less easily. Again, I attribute a lot of this to my amazing c-pap machine. Aka, Mommy's best friend. 

--My long time battle with blood sugar swings seems to be mostly controlled. I suffer from very little low blood sugar feelings like I used to. 

--According to my dentist my gums are healthier, which I attribute to the lack of diet coke. 

--My menstrual cycles have been a little strange lately which lead me to go see my doc. She said that's a pretty normal thing for bariatric patients due to major hormonal shifts. Nothing that some bc pills can't regulate. 

--My back is vastly improved. I have an old back injury that I kind of thought would always be there. Maybe it will but carrying less weight has made a HUGE difference. And every time I see my chiro (every other week) he showers me with praise regarding how much I've helped my body. 

--Surprisingly, I'm even noticing better bladder control which is something I've had trouble with since my second child was born...the 10 pounder. I even had my bladder tested a couple of years ago, which was one of the crazier experiences of my adult life. I didn't realize that the weight was adding so much extra pressure.

--My hair is a little thinner, but nothing too crazy. Thankfully it was thick to begin with. The stranger thing is that it is laying straight more easily than it has in years, instead of being frizzy and curly mess. 

--I have hardly any swelling with my robo-foot. I don't whether to attribute that to the passage of time since foot surgery or less weight pressure on the hardware. Probably both! 

I wouldn't say that I'm the perfect picture of health, but I am much much closer to it than I was a year ago right now. And that makes everything I've gone through so so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment